Friday 9 November 2007

Day 19 Moab


Made it to Moab. Checked into the "Lazy Lizard Hostel" and off to the bike shop for advice on the best trails. Nice people......bought new socks from them.



Did the Monitor and Merrimac trail. So named after the two sandstone buttes out in the desert. This was my first experience of biking on the famous Moab slickrock....basically your cycling over continuous rock. Careful now, easy goes it.

Sat down in the middle of nowhere, eat my apple and stared out at the expanse before me. Took my socks off and walked on the warm rock sand (getting weird enough for you yet? Want me to say I ran about naked hitting myself with a bush? Sorry just the barefoot thing!). Seemingly the soils are very good for you, full of minerals, but I just found it made my feet red and shoes full of sand.

Back to the Lazy Lizard to chill and prepare for the mighty "Klondike Bluff" trail tomorrow......

No comments: