Monday 12 November 2007

Day 22 Moab to Bicknell



One last breakfast visit and a farewell salute to my favourite Mondo it was back to Arches Park to enjoy it in full sunlight splendour. Amazingly I'd missed the windows yesterday (so called stone arches) within the park. Got chatting to some Flagstaff biker girls who were visiting the windows and we swapped appreciating stories of local trails and slickrock!

One more farewell salute, this time to Moab itself and onto the interstate with Vegas in sight by Wednesday to return the van. Not before todays remarkable visit to Goblin Valley. A must do visit to send pictures to my niece Anna whose imagination of Goblins is still fuelled by her sister Gracie and Dad Dave. A bigger pair of Lord of The Rings fans I've yet to meet!


Narrowly escaping capture by the Goblins I set off towards Biknell. The drive through this part of Utah was like the surface of the moon and whilst breathtaking it felt almost eerie at stages with no sign of life for miles and as dark set in I was glad to reach the motel. Why you say...to escape from the foreboding atmosphere? No, not really...I needed to wash my pants and pretty much every other piece of clothing in the rucsac! Domestic chore complete my thoughts turned to ...will it dry by the morning. If only I'd known what lay outside the motel door........morning would reveal all......

No comments: