Sunday 4 May 2008

Day 194 Halong Bay

By now with the pollution in Vietnam I was suffering from a sore throat which explains why the Vietnamese always wear face masks. Despite a poor sleep I'd almost forgotten where I was until I opened the door of my cabin. The views are fantastic and at the moment Vietnam is pushing hard for Halong Bay to be included in the new "Wonders of the World" competition.

The rest of the day we made our way back through Halong Bay to Halong City and then a four hour bus back to Hanoi. On the way back we slammed on the anchors for two motorbike accidents. All were wearing crash helmets required by law since last December in an attempt to reduce the thirty eight deaths a day on Vietnam's roads. I thought "next step Vietnam how about seatbelts for tourist buses" as I peeled myself off the seat in front.

No comments: