Tuesday 6 May 2008

Day 196 Bangkok

On the flight today from Hanoi to Bangkok I noticed during take off a white mist bellowing from the overhead vents. I appeared to be the only one to see this unless the three hundred other passengers were in denial. As I put on my best 'fear' face the stewardess gave a nodding glance and said "aircon, no worry".

Its the last hostel of my trip so where better than the brand new Lub'D. A marvel of modern design more closely related to a science fiction set than budget travel accommodation. Will all hostels in the future be like this? Surely some will remain advertising "authentic bed bugs gauranteed" or "the fans broken and its thirty five degrees in here".

Took a wander to the shops and one mall caught my eye. How about floor two with a "shooting office" or flour four with "golf lessons". My choice was the japanese curry house.... floor two.

What a fine choice for today was its opening day and there was a real feel of optomism.With that optomism came a magnificent Japanese curry of sauted pork and pineapple.

As I walked back the night market was beginning to set up.

Within minutes they were ready for another evening of bartering. To think this gets dismantled and reassembled every day. I pondered as to what my luggage allowance was whilst picking up a bargain. Then off to the hostel whistling "Caledonia" by Dougie Maclean to pack the rucksack in anticipation of tomorrow nights flight home. To hear Dougie's poignant words please click on the link.......

No comments: