Tuesday 20 November 2007

Day 29 Fiji (Set of Love Island)


Following a night flight from Los Angeles I was greeted at five am by a full smiling Fijian band and great music in Fiji's Nadi airport. You know straight away this place is a friendly one!! An entertaining journey on the local bus introduced me to "Fiji time" where lets say things move at a much slower pace and for the best reasons.
After some slight detours to the local markets and various villages I arived at the hostel and immediately recognised this jetty where Patrick Keilty and Fearne Cotton presented Love Island 2006 from.

I'm staying here at the beachouse where Love Island 2006 was filmed and then turned back into a hostel. All a bit surreal with the one way mirors and writing on the walls from Calum Best, Sophie Anderton etc. Well that crowd are long gone so I climed into a hammock and joined the other hostellers in the evening. I can see "Fiji Time" slowing things right down and looked forward to my jungle trek in the morning.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the most worrying thing so far- you recognised the jetty immediately!