Friday 30 November 2007

Day 39 Fiji (Final Day Dive Course)




Today I passed my Professional Association of Divers Open Water Qualification!!

This was it the big day. Our final two dives and excercises rounded off with a written exam.
Edward took us out to see the best dive site called golden arches but the currents were incredibly strong and after twenty minutes we returned back up the anchor chain to the safety of the boat. Not before seeing a whole load of more sharks made even more fun by us hiding below coral ledges on the reef till they swam past.

One shark however...lets call him Roddy...hung about too long which is not a good sign and at that point I wished I could have pointed out paragraph two of page twenty from the professional divers manual which states "loitering sharks are best avoided by returning to the boat". Anyway Roddy was harmless and I'm sure he has a lot better things to chew on then neoprene wetsuits.

The exam went fine although the dive tables took a fair bit of concentration and with a sigh of releif Phil and I passed our Professional Association Diving Instructors Open Water Course all thanks to Edward and suitably assisted by Isac. Proud as punch I bought my Dive Connections "Crew Shirt".

Off home to sleep. It had been an intense four days. Not before one last stop at the sweet shop.

No comments: