Monday 3 December 2007

Day 42 Auckland NZ (Shave Your Lid)


Hunger called as I awoke to remove my earplugs and hear the dawn chorus of sirens and car horns. Reminding me I'm now far away from tranquil Fiji and with that I hopped out of bed longing to explore the metropolis. Firstly scrambled eggs on toast at a nearby cafe where the dish is served with ide helping of relish. A new one on me but it works wonders on the taste buds so early in the day. Try it everyone!!
This week is "Shave your lid for a kid - funrazor" by the New Zealand Child Cancer Foundation and with posters on walls everywhere it prompted me to support the cause and get shaved.

The rest of the day fell into considering buying an old bomber car or not. To get a feel for the process I visited the local newsagent to purchase a motors paper. On buying said document the gentleman immediately turned the conversation to selling me his car. Indeed if I did not like it his friend had a four or five for sale!! Bit of a car city is Auckland. I'll sleep on it.

No comments: